Don’t forget about the Crossfit Total this Friday and Saturday. Find your max on the squat, press, and deadlift.
Row 2000m. Every 2 minutes, you must stop to do 7 burpees.
Athletes go in heats.
While waiting, perform in any order:
30 GHD situps
35 Back Extensions
40 sec L-sits
45 sec total wall handstand
For this next Who’s Who we have Aumie!
1: How were you introduced to Crossfit?: For most of my adult life I’ve been searching for new ways to push myself physically and mentally. I’ve dabbled in just about every physical hobby out there – cycling, rock climbing, martial arts, yoga, running, classic gym, etc, etc – even in combinations of cycling 15m a day + yoga + rock climbing, and was always left with a feeling that a certain element was missing. I think finding Crossfit was just a natural progression of my curiosity to better myself – and so far it feels like the right choice. I stumbled upon the exercise examples on the crossfit.com site one night while searching the web for variations of different exercises I do at home and for about the next year or so I used it as a very rough guide for my own workouts, and once I got comfortable with it I decided to give CrossfitPortland a shot at upping my game – so here I am!
2: Favorit WOD / Lift: Anything that involves bodyweight conditioning – muscle ups, pull ups, etc
3: I have always wanted to: shoot laser beams from my eyes
4: 1 word people use to describe me: sarcastic
5: Outside of the gym I like to: EAT! Hang out with my cats and girlfriend, bike, swim, take photos, dance, hike, travel, have adventures, and cause trouble – not necessarily in that order
6: Something no body knows about me or would be surprised to know about me: I’ll give you a few – choose your favorite: (Editor’s note: I decided to include them all.)
• My first name is Amitabha (Ahh-Me-Tah-Bah), which is Buddhist – I lived from 0 to 6 yrs old in a Buddhist Ashram in Hawaii where my family lived in a one room hut with no power or running water. I took baths in a Soy Sauce bucket.
• I have never drank, smoked, done drugs of any sort – ever.
• I got a vasectomy about a month after I turned 25 (TMI?) and I’m proud of it. This is one of my ways of contributing to the global issue of over-population and dwindling resources.
• I have been vegetarian for 13 years, and vegan for just about 8 years now. I laugh when people say that you can’t get all the nutrients you need from a vegan diet.
• I am a total computer nerd. We have one of the top 20 fastest super computers in the world at my work (161 TFLOPS of computing power – 30,000 processors, 47TB of memory, 835TB of disk) and another one that’s in the top 40 – I grin like an idiot when I stand next to them.
7: Favorite physical activity outside of Crossfit: Cycling (Zoobomb.net)
8: Favorite place to eat in Portland: Too many good places to have just one favorite – The food carts downtown, Portobello, Blossoming Lotus, Los Gorditos, Back to Eden, Sweetpea Bakery
9: Song that gets me pumped up for a workout: Most tracks by Killswitch Engage or 3 Inches of Blood
10: Proudest Accomplishment: Not compromising my values to satisfy other people